Update: Lord of the Last Day has posted a way to move your sidebar to the bottom of your browser window for added girth.
OK, I found something cool.
Their instructions weren’t super clear to me, so here’s what I did:
- Go to Gmail and click on Compose.
- Then click on the pop out button on the top right corner of the compose area.
- Once the window is open, right click on some blue space and select “Bookmark This Page…”
- It then opens a new bookmark dialog. I saved the bookmark in my Bookmarks Toolbar Folder so I would have easy access to it.
- Lastly, once you’ve created the bookmark, right click on it and select Properties. Check “Load this bookmark in the sidebar”.
Lifehacker suggested using the same method to create quick access to your blog post creation page. You can use this for any time that you would need to view two web pages simultaneously.